D a v i d P a c k
The new album - out now...
David Pack is best known for his work as singer and leader of the band "Ambrosia"...they had numerous chart success such as "Biggest Part Of Me", "How Much I Feel" & "You're The Only Woman"...but David is even more known and respected behind the studio desk....this Grammy Award winning producer worked with a bunch of people everybody knows: Phil Collins, Bette Midler, Michael McDonald, Natalie Cole, Patti LaBelle, Brian Setzer, Linda Ronstadt, Little Richard, Pointer Sisters, Bruce Hornsby, Branford Marsalis, Chick Corea, Kenny Loggins, Wynonna Judd etc etc...this list could go on for ever !
David Pack toured with/or performed in concert with the likes of Supertramp, Fleetwood Mac, Barbra Streisand, Doobie Brothers, Billy Joel, Elton John, U2, Emmylou Harris, Toto, Foreigner, Huey Lewis & The News, Mark Knopfler, Willie Nelson etc...etc...an even longer list.
Quick short facts:
- co-founded the band "Ambrosia" who had their first US Hit 1975 with "Holdin' On To Yesterday" (No. 17)
- 1976 first Top Ten Hit in the US: "How Much I Feel" (No. 3)
- 1980 next No. 3 Hit: "Biggest Part Of Me"..."You're The Only Woman (You & I)" went to No. 13 in the US the same year.
- First Solo-Album "Anywhere You Go" released in 1985 which was a big success in radio. From that album the song "Prove Me Wrong" was featured in the motion picture WHITE NIGHTS starring Gregory Hines and Mikhail Baryshnikov.
- strong relationship with Alan Parsons who was the engineer of the first Ambrosia-album...the band "Ambrosia" played on Alan Parsons Project's first album "The Tales Of Mystery And Imagination". David Pack was guest on some more songs for Alan Parsons later released albums.
- in 2001 David Pack joined Alan Parsons for his tribute to the Beatles "A Walk Down Abbey Road" and toured with Alan's show who featured also Ann Wilson (from the band "Heart"), John Entwistle (from the band "The Who") and Todd Rundgren.
- In 2005 David Pack's solo album "The Secret Of Movin' On" featured some of the finest rock musicians such as Steve Perry (voice of the band "Journey"), Ann Wilson (from the band "Heart"), Timothy B. Schmitt (from "The Eagles") or Dewey Bunnell (from the band "America")
- David Pack is not only well respected in Pop or Rock music...he also is one of the most wanted in Jazz...he collaborated with the likes of Chick Corea, Natalie Cole or Russ Freeman...
- some of the finest in smooth jazz accompanied David Pack on his current solo album "Napa Crossroads": Mindi Abair, David Benoit or Larry Carlton
Discography (as solo artist):
- Anywhere You Go (1985)
- Unborn (2004)
- The Secret Of Movin' On (2005)
- David Pack EP (2007)
- Napa Crossroads (2014)
upcoming touring dates (Europe):
...in preparation...come back again to check out new dates....